I visited Batam Harris Waterfront last November for a weekend trip and was pleasantly pleased with the resort. As per my review on Tripadvisor, I bought the honeymoon package from AsiaTravel.com and it was S$288 in 2012, including
1) 2 way ferry tickets for 2, but departure fee from Harbourfront Terminal, fuel surcharge and departure fee from Batam Terminal of $27 were excluded.
2) 2 way hotel transfer
3) Candlelight dinner by the pool and drinks for 2 (but we were given the option of indoor BBQ buffet dinner as well since it was raining)
4) 90 minutes massage for 2, followed by 30 minutes herbal/milk bath soak.
5) Aromatherapy essence, flower décor and chocolate pralines in the room
6) Free 1 game of bowling (but we didn’t use it as the bowling area looked really rundown)
Quite a good deal I’d say. The bed was comfy, facilities adequate, and the massage was shiok. The supposed aromatherapy essence was weak, couldn’t smell a thing, but whatever la… not a deal breaker for me.
Room-wise, we got a cabana room (included in the package). The cabana rooms were located slightly further away from the normal apartment-like blocks, and nearer to the ‘beach’. The room was romantically decorated, with rose petals forming a heart shape on the bed, and rose petals were also in the bathtub. The room was big and comfortable, but it had a rustic feel with slightly uneven floorboards. Lizards could also enter the room through the tiny holes near the toilet area. City dwellers who do not appreciate nature, are best taking the rooms in the normal blocks though.
The water pressure for the showerhead could be improved as the water trickled out and it was extremely cold to shower in the rainy weather. The BBQ buffet was pretty good though, albeit a little cold. As it rained the entire weekend, we were stuck in our room with nothing much to do but watch TV, or venture out to the main lobby to use the free wifi.
If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, HARRIS Resort Batam Waterfront is a good choice. Otherwise, it will be boring for those seeking adventure and shopping trips.